FAQ Bathroom Remodel Jacksonville, FL
If you’re thinking of selling your home, remodeling the bathroom will increase its value because potential buyers want a bathroom that’s both beautiful and functional.
Even simple improvements like putting in new fixtures, upgrading the hardware, and re-caulking can make a considerable difference. Even if you aren’t selling, consider your enjoyment and satisfaction. According to the National Association of Realtors, the joy of a bathroom renovation has a score of 9.6 on a scale of 1-10.
According to HomeAdvisor the typical range for a bathroom makeover in Jacksonville is between USD 5,626 to USD 13,384. A low-end remodel costs about USD 2,500 while a high-end remodel can cost as much as USD 19,000.
Ideally, a small bathroom renovation can take as long as 23 whole days. If you’re going to assume that no work would be done on weekends and the work proceeds consistently without breaks, it would be about 4 ½ weeks in total. Realistically, renovating a small bathroom would be double that time – 46 days or almost nine weeks, considering downtime and other unexpected circumstances.
Potential buyers love beautiful and functional bathrooms. Keep that in mind when considering bathroom upgrades. The cost of an upgrade depends on the scope of the project, the materials used, and labor cost. In general, you can expect up to 70% of a return on a mid-range bathroom remodel project.
Talk to your friends; ask about bathroom remodeling contractors that they have worked with previously and highly recommend. Go to the contractor’s website and read the reviews. Consult with at least three contractors and choose which one you like best and can see yourself working with.
If you want greater accessibility, a bathroom that’s easy to clean, and has an understated elegance, then a walk-in shower can be good for you.
Choosing the best materials for a tub or shower eventually boils down to preference. There isn’t a cookie-cutter approach that applies to all. Instead of trying to fit in one mold, let’s try to compare some of the most common materials to see which one suits you best.
- Cast iron tubs are coated with enamel. It is a very durable material and resistant to impact. It also has very good heat-retention properties. However, they are very heavy so it might be challenging to install in bathrooms above the ground floor.
- Cast polymer tubs are created to replicate the look of natural stone. They cost a little bit more than acrylic but are less durable. Over time the gel coat or finish degrades and can be prone to cracks, exposing the material underneath.
- Enameled steel tubs are steel bathtubs coated with enamel, much like cast iron tubs. However, it doesn’t retain heat very well. The surface itself is prone to getting chips. It probably weighs twice as much as plastic or acrylic tubs.
- Plastic tubs are made with acrylic or fiberglass, which makes them very flexible in terms of design. It’s the lightest material but it insulates very well. Abrasive cleaners will damage its surface.
- Proprietary composites are relatively new. They’re made with a combination of heavy-gauge steel, porcelain enamel, and resins. The result is like having cast iron that only weighs about half as much.
- Acrylic is generally affordable. They are easy to install, easy to clean and maintain, and very durable too. Customization might be a little difficult because they come in fixed sizes and configurations.
- Ceramic tiles are waterproof and come in different designs, sizes, and textures. They are easy to install and very easy to clean. They are also very affordable. However, the material can be susceptible to mold and mildew growth.
- Fiberglass is a very cost-effective option if budget is a concern. The thick material is soundproof and easy to install. Without grout lines, they are very easy to clean. Unfortunately, they don’t seal very well along with ceilings and walls.
- Glass tiles are excellent due to being waterproof. They come in many different colors and sizes. They are also easy to clean. They might be a little more expensive than other options, requiring care in handling and installation.
Natural stone, without a doubt, is beautiful and has a classic appeal. There are many types of natural stones to choose from, and they come in different sizes too. However, the stone is very expensive and also very heavy.
A small bathroom doesn’t have to be an ugly bathroom. You can still make your small bathroom look beautiful and feel luxurious. Here are some tips:
- Take advantage of natural light to make the space seem airy.
- Upgrade your vanity to something that says elegant. It could be a floating vanity that’s open. Just be sure to keep it clean. Cluttered is not elegant.
- If there’s enough space for it, there are plenty of tubs that don’t take up a lot of space.
- Nothing says luxury like a walk-in shower that’s like being in an exclusive spa.
- Look for someone who specializes as a bathroom remodeling contractor.
- Ask about their specific services. Check what they can bring to the table.
- Check their credentials. Make sure they are licensed and have insurance to cover their work. Their registrations should be valid and up to date.
- Check the contractor’s availability and timeframe.
- Explore their portfolio for previous work done.
- Get references and reviews from previous clients.
- Ask for a quotation that includes the project schedules, cost, and payment plans. Get everything down in writing.